About Foremans Tree Specialists
Foremans Tree Specialists are a team of highly qualified tree surgeons operating throughout Surrey, Hampshire and West Sussex, including Crawley & Horsham and all surrounding areas.
We provide a vast range of commercial and residential tree services ranging from tree felling and removal, to hedge trimming and stump grinding. Every team member takes pride in their profession, and we guarantee the highest level of quality by following BS3998:2010 British Standard guidelines for tree work. We also hold £10 million public and £10 million employee liability insurance, so you can rest assured we're covered for every eventuality.
At Foremans Tree Specialists, customer satisfaction is paramount, but we always strive to strike a balance between your needs and what's best for the health of the trees and environment. Before any work is started, we suggest a free consultation to identify your goals, discuss options and answer any questions or concerns.
Our friendly staff have a wealth of knowledge and experience within the arboricultural industry, and we've built an excellent reputation for being approachable, trustworthy and completely transparent. But don't take our word for it, we have over 200 glowing reviews on Checkatrade and boast a 5-star rating on Rated People.
Furthermore, we're approved and vetted by Surrey Trading Standards.
So if you're searching for un-rivalled tree surgery services in Surrey, Hampshire or West Sussex including Horsham, Crawley, Dorking or anywhere across the south-east Contact Us today to discuss your requirements.
If you have an emergency or need to get a job done ASAP call 01403 333142 and we'll do the very best we can to assist.
Tree Felling & Removal
Whether you’re looking to fell and remove a tree due to safety, practicality or simply for aesthetic reasons, Foreman’s Tree Specialists can help.
Tree pruning is an essential maintenance task that must be carried out in order to preserve the aesthetics and longevity of your trees.
Pollarding is one of our most requested services and is used to keep trees smaller than they would naturally grow.
Emergency Tree Work
Even for those who regularly maintain their trees and garden, it’s impossible to prepare for emergencies that seemingly crop up when you least expect them.
Trying to remove a stump without adequate equipment is a thankless task at the best of times. These stubborn stumps are often rooted deep underground making them almost impossible to get rid of without the correct tools and training.
Hedge & Garden Maintenance
No tranquil garden is complete without a beautiful array of hedges and shrubs, but keeping them in pristine condition requires expert maintenance.
Our knowledgable team can not only advise you on what will look great based on their years of experience, but can ensure that each tree is planted safely, securely, and with its long term health at heart.
Whether you’re looking to remove an existing garden space and start again with a blank canvas or simply need to clear an area ready for a new construction project, Foreman’s Tree Specialists have the tools and experience to expedite the process.
You will be pleased to know we are fully insured. View our insurance documents here…
Logs, Firewood & Woodchip Delivery In Surrey, Hampshire & West Sussex
We now deliver high quality, locally sourced split logs, firewood & woodchip throughout Surrey, Hampshire and West Sussex, including Guildford, Horsham, Crawley & Dorking.
Tree Cable Bracing
Tree cable bracing is the best way to provide structural support; it helps to avoid structural damage and ensure the longevity of the tree.
Veteran Tree Management
We provide a complete range of veteran tree management solutions, including tree location mapping, management plans production and plan implementation.
Cat Rescue & Drone Recovery
We have safely and successfully rescued many cats and recovered drones across West Sussex, Surrey and Hampshire. Contact us today and we’ll return your feline friend or drone back to you as soon as we can.
Estate Management Services
We provide a comprehensive range Estate Management Services across West Sussex, Surrey & Hampshire including Guildford, Horsham, Crawley Billingshurst & Dorking.
Some More Helpful Information
Things you must remember to ask when hiring an arborist or tree surgeon in West Sussex, Horsham, Crawley, Billingshurst or other local areas.
There are a few things you should check or ask for if you're seeking a professional, safe and quality service. We have touched upon these things previously but have outlined them in bullet points below:
- Ask the tree surgeon if they have insurance. Tree surgeons should have as a minimum public and employers liability insurance to the value of £5 million. They should also be happy to provide proof of this. You can find copies of our insurance documents here.
- Ask the tree surgeon about their qualifications. As a minimum, they should have certificates for chainsaw use from either NPTC or LANTRA. Still, we recommend you require proof of more extensive qualifications, for example, felling if felling is wanted and use of a chainsaw from rope and harness if they intend to climb any trees. Copies of our qualifications are available on request.
- Ask them if they are members of any professional associations or hold any accreditations. Commonly, tree surgeons will be members of accrediting bodies such as Checkatrade, Which? Trusted Traders or the Arboricultural Association. Companies will be vetted and have their details checked by such associations, and references will also be required. We are proud members of Checkatrade you can view our profile here.
- Do your background checks online. Nowadays, recommendations and reviews are easy to find. Read reviews posted online by using search engines such as Google. For example, search "Foremans Tree Specialists", and you'll see reviews left by our previous customers on Google business, Checkatrade and Rated People to name just a few.
- Ask who will be carrying out the work and their level of experience with the arboricultural industry. It's one thing having the certificates, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are skilled enough for the task in hand. It takes years of practice to become a competent tree surgeon so you should always take time to ask about the experience level of the operators, especially if the job is a technical one. Our knowledgable arborists have been in the industry for many years and have the experience to tackle any arboreal task.
- Ask if they will be carrying out the work to BS3998: 2010 'Tree Work – Recommendations'. BS3998: 2010 is the British standard guidelines for tree work that any reputable tree surgeon should follow to help assure the longevity and health of trees and hedges. Foremans Tree Specialist always work to British standards.
- Ask how and where they will disposing of any arisings (green waste) generated as a result of the work. We have a waste carrier license and always dispose of waste responsibly, we despise fly-tippers, and rogue traders give our industry a bad name.
Ask for a detailed, written quotation. A written quotation not only safeguards you and the contractor, but it also avoids any confusion with regards to the job specification. Foremans Tree Specialist are happy to provide free no-obligation site visits and written quotations, so contact us today.
These questions are crucial to ask if you are looking for a safe, trouble-free and quality service.
It's also important to mention that if the tree surgeon advises you that your trees are in excellent condition and require no attention, then this is an indication of their honesty. Sometimes the trees are best left to their own devices for both health and aesthetic reasons.
What does a 'tree surgeon' actually do?
If you're searching 'tree surgeon West Sussex' and thinking to yourself 'what does a tree surgeon do?', then this next part will undoubtedly for you.
Primarily, we concentrate on the maintenance and care of trees and hedges which have their very own ecosystem and are also an essential component of the environment. Tree surgeons are also commonly referred to as arborists; many see there is no real difference, yet, we feel an arborist takes into account the consequences of their actions to help ensure the longevity of the tree and its environment. With that in mind, Foremans Tree Specialists see themselves as passionate arborists, taking every opportunity to care for our natural environment and retaining beautiful trees for years to come.
Our knowledgable team of arborists have a considerable array of tree surgery skills and techniques to help you achieve your wants and needs while protecting the health of your tree. From formative tree pruning to veteran tree management and everything in-between, Foremans Tree Specialists have the experience and training to get your job done.
A reputable tree surgeon should always start each project with a consultation to identify your needs and answer any questions you may have. The consultation is a crucial stage as it allows both you and your tree professional to discuss not only the options you may have but also the process of the chosen works.
We offer a free site visit and consultation as part of our quotation process so contact us today, and we'll be more than happy to discuss your next project.
The most important reasons for hiring a tree surgeon
Possibly the most significant reason for choosing to hire a qualified tree surgeon in West Sussex, or any location, is that they will have undergone the necessary training to complete the task safely.
Tree surgery is a risky business even for the professionals, so if attempted by the public or untrained individuals, you're inviting the chance of severe damage, injury or even death.
The best tree surgeons invest heavily in specialist equipment so will have access to the right tools not only to help ensure their safety but also to make the job considerably more manageable.
When you trim, prune or remove trees, shrubs and vegetation, you will inevitably be left with waste and debris. Generally speaking, any upstanding tree surgeon will have a truck, chipper and a waste carrier license to process, transport and dispose of any arisings responsibly.